Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Sunday 22 March 2015

BONDI SANDS UK: Fake Tan Review

As a fake tanning enthusiast I was so excited to hear that one of Australia's most popular tan's Bondi Sands was finally hitting UK shelves at Superdrug.

Bondi Sands 200ml Dark Mousse


After testing this product out  I really like it! Here's a few reason why:

  • Not only does it give you a deep brown colour, there's not a hint of orange to this, phew! I also applied this to my face the first time using it (which is always a bit risky, but YOLO and all of that haha) but when I washed the guide colour off it look great, hadn't irritated my skin (St Tropez makes my skin crazy itchy!) and although it did leave that annoying fake tan hairline it wiped straight off with a towel which I loved!

  • Another plus for me was the smell. As soon as I pumped this out on to my tanning mitt it instantly reminded me of house parties in the summer during my teenage years because of the strong coconut smell, which for me equals Malibu rum win! The smell does develop into that normal biscuit-y scent and is quite strong when you wake up the next morning if you apply it the night before like I do, but this doesn't bother me too much as I always shower the guide colour off the next morning. 

  • The tan comes in at £14.99 which I think is fair, although it is a 200ml bottle, slightly below the average 240ml, but then it is still significantly cheaper to other high end tans. 

  • My only negative about this tan is that I do feel it can start fading quite patchy unless you're super strict with your moisturising, which let's face it, not many of us are! But if you're okay with the upkeep then its the fade off is okay, but not as good as my Xen-Tan.  

Before Bondi Sands Application

One Coat Guide Colour next morning.


After Guide Colour Wash Off


After Guide Colour Wash Off - with flash.

definitely do prefer Bondi Sands to the St Tropez Gradual Tanning Mousse as I  prefer the deepness of the colour better but I'm not sure if it will permanently replace my Xen Tan yet, I'll probably switch between the two since I get bored so easily.


I would recommend just ordering Bondi Sands online if you're interested in trying it out, I checked two Superdrugs, one didn't stock the tan yet and the other didn't haveany  of the dark lotion left. It's free delivery so it won't cost any extra! :) 

http://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Body-Care/Gradual-Tan/Bondi-Sands-Self-tanning-Foam-DARK-200ML/p/397101#.VQMRBnysXC8 


                                    

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig