Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 17 March 2015

LONG THICK LASHES: Mascara Tutorial


Hey guys!


If you're a fan of long, voluminous lashes and prefer a slightly clumpy look to spidery lashes and want to know how to get them then this is the post for you!


Close Up




I've been asked quite a lot by friends (and even customers at the retail store I work at) what mascara, and sometimes fake eyelashes, I'm using so I thought this post could show the products I use. I've filmed a quick video too if you want to see exactly how I do it :) 


So first of all, like I mentioned in a previous post, I use Rapidlash every other night to make my lashes as long, thick and healthy as they naturally can be (check out this link here for that post - http://jennifermcfadyen.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/rapid-lash-review-before-and-after.html .) But on a day to day basis there's two mascaras that I absolutely love and swear by.


To start off I go in with a coat of Dior's Hypnose mascara, just the original one. I normally wipe off any excess product around the rim to avoid my lashes getting clumpy really quickly and start at the base of my lashes, wriggling side to side then upwards to make sure every lash is coated. I love this mascara as it doesn't flake off during the day and it completely black. I normally apply two coats of this and on an average day I'll leave it at that, but if it's a night out or special occasion and I want that extra omph I go in with the Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara.

Dior Hypnose Mascara

Jordana Best Last Extreme Volumizing Mascara

The Jordana mascara is a fab find at only £5 on Amazon including shipping. Bargain! It gives you that major false lash effect and you can go in with a few coats depending on how clumpy you want your lashes to be. I find that normally any more that one or two can make my lashes way too overboard but i'll stick a picture down below from last year when I applied a bazillion coats to see the results! The only downside to this product for me is is can tend to flake off during the day and I hate when mascara ruins your concealer, but for a night out it really does the trick and since discovering this little combo I haven't had to wear false lashes in at least 6 months!


Before and After
Multiple Coats of Jordana 

                         
You can find both these mascara's at the links down below:

Dior Hypnose 
- http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123053673099_-1

Jordana 
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jordana-Extreme-Volumizing-Mascara-Black/dp/B007RZDDO6

 Check out my video/demo below and please subscribe if you enjoyed it!









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig