Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Friday 13 March 2015

OILY SKINCARE ROUTINE: Paulas's Choice and Oz Naturals

Hey everyone! 

Today's post is going to be all about my daily skincare routine. Just a bit of background on my skintype before I start, I have oily skin, larger (easily clogged!) pores, laughter lines and quite a bit of redness on my cheek area. 

The products I've been using the last few months have really seemed to help with all these issues (and particularly with oil control!) so I thought I'd share my tips with you all.

Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil Reducing Cleanser - £18.50
Oz Naturals Vitamin C Cleanser -  £19.09
Clarisonic Mia 2 - £125
Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore Reducing Toner - £19.50
Oz Naturals Anti-Aging Serum - £15.95
Oz Naturals Professional Moisturising Serum - £12.39

Oz Naturals Sea Infused Herbal Moisturiser - £17.79


So first up, after using a wipe to remove the majority of my makeup, I then go in with a cleanser. I've been using Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil Reducing Cleanser which is marketed at normal to oily/combo skin. I really love this stuff as its a foam consistency, doesn't have a noticeable scent, doesn't irritate my skin and removes any excess oil. Every maybe second day, I use this with my Clarisonic. Although the Clarisonic is eye wateringly expensive to first buy, I would highly recommend it as it's a great skin care investment. I've noticed a big reduction in the noticeably of blackheads around my t-zone area, although I wouldn't say it has removed them completely and it does remove all of your excess makeup, you'll be surprised when you look at the brush after it's first use to see how much makeup you've actually missed all those years! I also switch up my PC cleanser with the Oz Naturals Vitamin C Cleanser. I do enjoy using this cleanser, it has a gel like consistency and a really nice orange-y smell, but I'm not sure if this is one I would repurchase as I love my PC cleanser more! 



Once I've cleansed I normally then go in with my Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore Reducing Toner. This stuff has lasted me ages and again, doesn't break me out or cause any irritation to my skin. Would I say I notice a drastic difference using this product? Not particularly. But then to be honest I don't normally notice much difference in any toning product I've ever used. If you have any suggestions for a good pore reducing toner please leave a comment below so I can try it out! I do use this every night though and just hope that it is doing some good haha. 






And then this is the part that I feel has really changed my skin over the past few months, and can be very scary to try for anyone with oily/combo skin, and that's face oils. I've tried a whole host of different products in an attempt to stop looking like a oil slick across my t-zone over the years and if anything, all of these products drying out my skin made it ten times worse. While doing my research online, I found the theory that by putting oils on your face, this seems to trick the skin into producing less oil because it feels there is enough already, which I thought was crazy at first but decided to give it a try. I had a looks on amazon and found the company Oz Naturals, whose face oils and serums were the top selling product of its kind on the site. After looking at all the 5 star reviews I still wasn't to sure because I noticed most of the reviewers had actually been sent the product rather than buying it themselves (although, studying communications at uni I thought this was an amazing marketing technique to get higher listing on amazon, I guess the same way in which companies use SEO and google to rank higher on the search engine.) But anyway, I decided to give them a go and purchased both the Anti-Aging Serum and the Professional Moisturising Serum. I apply the Anti Aging first, after my my toner, wait a few minutes then apply the Moisturing Serum and I have to say (as someone who purchased these with their own money!) I absolutely love them! Not only have I noticed a massive reduction in the amount if oil produced throughout the day, it has really helped with the age old problem of foundation sinking into laughter lines. You only need a few drops of both to cover the entire face and it sinks in so quickly which I also love as I hate that sticky moisturiser feel which is why I really like using these under foundation in the morning as they dry so quickly and don't leave that greasy feeling to the skin. It also leaves my face feeling super soft and hydrated a definite win for me! Don't get me wrong, I do still have to blot throughout the day but much less frequently than before. Honestly if you have trouble with your oily skin, try these out, you won't be disappointed!






And finally at night I use the Oz Naturals Sea Infused Herbal Moisturiser. Again, this product doesn't break me out or irritate my skin but I don't think I will be repurchasing it. It takes a very long time to sink into the skin and I'm really not a fan of the smell. Although it's not a chemical smell (it does smell of natural ingredients, maybe the seaweed? It's hard to describe!) I'm just not a huge fan of it and find it very overpowering. I think I'll be looking into purchasing the PC gel moisturiser for oily skin instead. 

I also use Rapid Lash on my eyes at night and use the Aztec Indian Healing Clay weekly, but I'll save those for another post! 

Although these products are a bit more pricey, I really do believe in spending a bit more on skincare as a lot of the products I've used from the Boots/Superdrug (aka. the drugstore) have really irrated my skin have been a waste of money as I always go back to higher end products. 

I also just want to mention that if you have dry/normal skin, I really recommend trying out the Oz Natural Serums as they are fab for hydration skin and having a look on the Paula's Choice website. Many of the higher end, more reputable brands could really learn a thing or two from Paula's website. Everything is just so well laid out with the entire range of products (and there's a lot!) categorised into each type of skin care problem and type so you know exactly what to buy for your needs. I'm not a fan of skincare brands who claim one cleanser, moisturiser etc will work for every skin type and need, it just doesn't seem possible to me! 

Anyway I think I've rambled enough today. Let me know if you try out any of these products, have nay questions or  any recommendations as to what I should try next! 

www.paulaschoice.co.uk

I bought my Clarisonic Mia 2 from Debenhams.

www.oznaturals.com (although I buy mine from amazon uk)


                                                

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig