Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask Review

Hey everyone

I'm back today with another skincare post. I recently bought the Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask and I've been loving it! Although I haven't tried the Glam Glow mud mask (I just can't bring myself to pay £45/50 for such a tiny tub!) I've heard this is a dupe for it and so I wanted to try it out myself :)

If you haven't seen my last skincare post I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, which is very prone to blackheads around this area and I've been on the hunt for something to get rid of them.
Although I wouldn't say this mask has completely got rid of mine, I definitely notice a reduction in their notice ability and also the size of my pores (if you have oily skin, you'll know what I'm talking about, it's the bane of my life!)

It comes in a plastic container and you have the choice to buy either 1lb or 2lbs. I bought the 2lbs as at the time on Amazon last month as there was only a few pounds difference. And that's the best thing about this product, the price! It's only £10 for the 1lb container if your looking to try it out, such a bargain!



 I also bought a small mixing bowl and measuring scoop at the same time as it can get very messy and I wouldn't want to ruin my mum's kitchen ware, she'd go nuts! If I'm just applying the mask to my t-zone I normally only need one scoop using the smallest of the three. I normally only use this in my t-zone as this is my problem area and this stuff is so so strong that it can completely dry your face out.



Because this is a powder you have to mix it with apple cider vinegar or water. I'd definitely recommend the ACV as it works extremely well with the clay and is a great toner for acne prone skin.

When you put this on you'll start to really feel it pulsate after 10 minutes or so, I love this as I really feel like it's working and pulling all the nastyness out of my pores! I really really wouldn't recommend leaving this on for longer than the recommended 20 minutes as they really weren't kidding when they said it's the 'World's Most Powerful Facial' it will genuinely start to hurt your face and leave your skin completely dehydrated which you don't want! I normally wash it off and put the clay into a bin so it doesn't block the drains.




I wouldn't recommend this product if your going out straight afterwards as it will leave your face very red for a while. I use mine at night after I've removed all my make up and then go in with my skincare routine to add moisture back in to my skin.

If you have any questions on this product or have tried it out yourself, let me know in the comments below. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

                                   





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jen

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig